1 June 2009

My mum said I'm too wild and what I really need in my life is...

A little bit of Islam or Christianity.

She wasn't feeling too picky about which, she may even have thought of it in some sort of a pick n mix way, just to allow for some diversity perhaps.

I laughed and then my friend truce sent me a link to this, 'igod', its a site where you can talk to god.

Conversations With The One Above

was somebody up there trying to tell me something, I thought I would give it a shot, the conversation went a little bit like this,

Me: hey god whats good?
God: You've got my full attention. I am a Christian.
Me: so not muslim?????? my mum's been asking.
God: Really you don't think so?
Me: ummmm thats not what I'm saying. I'm asking a question Are you listening?/
God:Hello there. I am a Christian.
Me: hmmmmm i think you already said that
God:Awesome. Me? Perhaps. " I am a Christian."? I said it.
Me: yeah you did god, but thats not what I asked you
God:That's interesting. Did I really?
Me: yeah god
God:Woe! GOD rules.
Me: uhhhhhh
God:What is your real name?
Me: wouldn't you know that already
God:Perhaps. " What is your real name?"? Do I know it?
Me: ohhh my gosh you so knew I was going to say that before I said it didn't you
God:When was this exactly?
Me: God I'm scared we're having a slight communication problem
God:I am a Christian.
Me: okay do you know what god, I think I'm going to have to go
God:Yeah okay, What.
Me: well this explains a lot about why I prayed to live in Miami and still live in england
God:Well that's okay. What does "this" refer to?
Me: bye god
God:
See you later.

You completely baffled?... Well so was I


Lesson for the day do not worship false idols.

1 comment:

  1. To which I can only add my fave Epicurus quote:

    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

    Total respect for finding a site where we can all talk to god, i might go pick a fight...

    L

    ps check out Brookmyre's "Not the End of the World" for a comedy take on God-pushers

    ReplyDelete